TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Training workshop for journalists on environmental awareness and environmental media
EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique, regional, environmental peacebuilding NGO that brings together Palestinians, Israelis, and Jordanians to work collaboratively to advance sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in the region. EcoPeace combines top-down policy change with bottom-up community-based constituency building; encouraging youth and local constituencies to call for and lead cross-border solutions to regional water issues that facilitate the advancement of community interests, and showing decision makers that it is not possible to disengage decision-makers environment while highlighting the national self-interests and mutual gain of cooperation.
support creating awareness about regional water and climate crisis realities and the need for the solutions proposed in the Green Blue Deal
Deliver a training course to build the capacity of 15 young Palestinian journalists to cover environmental issues and prepare specialized press reports on common environmental problems, in addition, to raise journalistic awareness of environmental risks in order to limit their effect.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Journalists training on environmental investigative media, which include preparing hypothesis for environmental investigation and building thoughts.
- Solution journalism and its relationship to investigative reporting, and introduce steps for creating solution stories, their realism, and applicability.
- Mobile journalism which includes training in mobile photography and videography.
In coordination with the Content development and Communication Manager at EcoPeace (Ramallah office), The media company/center will:
- Produce a training manual on environmental journalism that contains training materials and readings for the three-days course.
- Conduct three-day training course for 15 journalists.
- Train 15 young journalists on researching, conceptualizing, developing, and broadcasting environmental stories. This includes methods and techniques of storytelling, and how to simplify specialized scientific topics and treat them in the press and social media, in addition to the difference between a television and written environmental stories.
- Training includes the use of video editing machines and training on mobile video editing applications.
- 15 environmental press stories are conceptualized, produced, and broadcasted.
- The production plan will be developed as follows:
- EcoPelestine organizes two field visits to selected locations where participants learn about environmental threats. Later, participants work on their own stories film and produce them, under direct supervision of a media expert.
- EcoPalestine and the media firm along with selected external experts evaluate participants, select the best two stories and publish them on national and local media stations and platforms.
- Broadcasting two television episodes, with participation of environmental experts and decision makers, in order to create a community discussion on an environmental issue raised by the story and publish a press release (on news agencies and social media platforms), in order to create public opinion.
Contract Type & Duration:
It is the intention of EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME to award a consultant Fixed Price contract. However, neither this RFP nor any modification(s) hereto in any way obligates EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME, or USAID to award a contract nor does it commit EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME, or USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the Proposal.
The period of performance will be 2 (2) months from the date of award.
Work closely with: The Communications Manager at EcoPeace.
Report to: The Communications Manager – Ramallah, based in Ramallah
Work Station: EcoPalestine / EcoPeace ME Office – Ramallah, Palestine
REQUIRED EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATION
Media Firms responding to this RFP must include the following as part of the proposal submission:
- Sufficient professional experience and rich profile in the media training field.
- Experience in developing and delivering media educational content and professional training in the subject matter.
- Particular experience with environmental and/or investigative journalism.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any Expenses such as travel and accommodation costs (if any), training hours cost, etc... Should be included in the financial proposal (separately), EcoPeace will cover the cost of the participants’ training session & the related reservations only.
- Technical Proposal (completely separate from Financial Proposal) - (DO NOT INCLUDE PRICES IN THE TECHNICAL PROPOSAL—INCLUDING PRICES IN THIS PROPOSAL MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR PROPOSAL.)
- Technical Workplan: The Consultants shall submit a detailed technical work plan that responds to the tasks, deliverables, functions, and needs as detailed under Section II: Scope of Work
- ALL PROPOSALS SUBMITTED MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION—FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR PROPOSAL:
- Detailed profile and CV
- Detailed methodology
- Initial work plan with a suggested timeline
- References with similar projects and tasks
- Contact details of two traceable references
- Detailed Financial Offer (Price Proposal Schedule) in USD Exclusive VAT or Income Tax.
- Documentation of validity of prices for 180 days
- Copies of Identification Card (ID)
- Key Individual Form (Vetting) attached with copy of ID’s
Terms of Payment
- 50% after submission & Acceptance of the first draft of the kit and completing the educational training
- 50% after EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME approval, completion & handing-over of the Final report & Kit
To identify the most suitable candidate, the application shall be evaluated by EcoPeace committee according to the following scoring rates from 0 to 100 points:
- a. A maximum of 20 points for qualifications, experience, expertise, and references
- b. A maximum of 50 points for the technical proposal, and implementation timeline
- c. A maximum of 30 points for the financial proposal
EcoPalestine will respond to any questions received by Monday, September 12th, 2022, and may, at its sole discretion, respond to requests received later than that date. The question(s) and response(s) will be sent to all vendors who have received the RFP documents. EcoPalestine may extend the closing date to ensure consultants have adequate time to consider answers and reply accordingly. Requests for clarifications should be sent to Sandra Abu Mohor, Procurement Officer at [email protected]
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL PROPOSALS for this consultancy service are to be submitted no later than Thursday, September 15th, 2022, by 16:00 PM to the following address: Ramallah, Al-Beireh Louis Building, floor 6 near Al Quds bank, in sealed envelops.