TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Cooperative agreement No. 72029422CA00003, entitled “Partnership for Climate Resilience and Water Security Activity”.
EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region.
Eco Palestine/Eco Peace Middle East is currently running a three-year USAID program. As part of this program commitment, the organization aims at developing an interdisciplinary water diplomacy/climate resilience educational toolkit/curriculum.
The overall objective of this assignment is to deliver an educational toolkit on an interdisciplinary water diplomacy/climate resilience curriculum to supplement the Palestinian curriculum for youth in the 10th and 11thgrades (15-18 years old).
SCOPE OF WORK
EcoPalestine is seeking to recruit a Consultant to develop an educational toolkit with relevant supporting material and a set of activities focusing on environmental education and climate resilience in general, concepts of Water Diplomacy in specific responses that is corresponding to the national and regional context, and as fit, suitable and interactive as possible for the targeted age group.
- By working closely with the Educational Team, review and familiarized with the program’s objectives, and goals to be achieved under the Education Component, including previously prepared lesson plans.
- Conduct focus groups of 20 Palestinian teachers to identify, and discuss the topics and content of the toolkit, as well as the methodology and tools to be utilized
- Develop the Educational Toolkit about water diplomacy reflecting a deep understanding of the subject matter, including the theoretical aspects, real examples of case studies (regionally and globally), practical orientation, and exercises, all in line with the organization’s vision and core messaging.
- Attend regular meetings with the education team and any other needed meetings.
- Conduct eight hours of training for EcoPalestine’s educational team on the developed toolkit.
- Inception Report with a clear work plan, timeline, and most efficient approach for resource utilization during the course of work, including the engagement and role of participating teachers.
- Outline of the Water Diplomacy Education Toolkit that will include three main components: 14 handouts/lessons, a tour guide with descriptions & maps, and students’ project guidelines. Developed lesson plans that explore climate and water issues through the lens of geography, biology, IT, and science and will develop an interdisciplinary water diplomacy/climate resilience curriculum, similar to the content taught in Israel to be shared with the consultant.
- Draft initial content of the toolkit based on the agreed-upon outline.
- Final Water Diplomacy Toolkit ready to use for youth water diplomacy trainings
- Training workshop for the 20 teacher’s focus group on the developed toolkit.
- Final report by the end of the contracting period, summarizing activities and insights
Contract Type & Duration:
It is the intention of EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME to award a consultant Fixed Price contract. However, neither this RFP nor any modification(s) hereto in any way obligates EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME, or USAID to award a contract nor does it commit EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME, or USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the Proposal.
The period of performance will be Four (4) months from the date of award
Work closely with: The Program Manager and Education Projects Manager, based in Ramallah, and the Regional Program Manager, based in Amman Office.
Report to: Program Manager – Ramallah, based in Ramallah
Work Station: EcoPalestine / EcoPeace ME Office – Ramallah, Palestine
REQUIRED EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATION
Consultants responding to this RFP must include the following as part of the proposal submission:
- Sufficient professional experience and rich profile in a relevant field such as Hydro-Diplomacy, International Water Resources Management, Political Studies, transboundary waters, or related fields.
- Experience developing and delivering educational content and professional training in the subject matter
- Particular experience with projects in the sectors of water and diplomacy
- Proven experience in regional projects will be an added value
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any Expenses such as travel and accommodation costs (if any), training hours cost, etc... Should be included in the financial proposal (separately), EcoPeace will cover the cost of the participants’ training session & the related reservations only.
- Technical Proposal (completely separate from Financial Proposal) - (DO NOT INCLUDE PRICES IN THE TECHNICAL PROPOSAL—INCLUDING PRICES IN THIS PROPOSAL MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR PROPOSAL.)
- Technical Workplan: The Consultants shall submit a detailed technical work plan that responds to the tasks, deliverables, functions, and needs as detailed under Section II: Scope of Work
- ALL PROPOSALS SUBMITTED MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION—FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED MAY RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR PROPOSAL:
- Detailed profile and CV
- Detailed methodology
- Initial work plan with a suggested timeline
- References with similar projects and tasks
- Contact details of two traceable references
- Detailed Financial Offer (Price Proposal Schedule) in USD Exclusive VAT or Income Tax.
- Documentation of validity of prices for 180 days
- Copies of Identification Card (ID)
- Key Individual Form (Vetting) attached with copy of ID’s
Terms of Payment
- 50% after submission & Acceptance of the first draft of the kit and completing the educational training
- 50% after EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME approval, completion & handing-over of the Final report & Kit
To identify the most suitable candidate, the application shall be evaluated by EcoPeace committee according to the following scoring rates from 0 to 100 points:
- a. A maximum of 20 points for qualifications, experience, expertise, and references
- b. A maximum of 50 points for the technical proposal, and implementation timeline
- c. A maximum of 30 points for the financial proposal
EcoPalestine will respond to any questions received by Monday, September 12th, 2022, and may, at its sole discretion, respond to requests received later than that date. The question(s) and response(s) will be sent to all vendors who have received the RFP documents. EcoPalestine may extend the closing date to ensure consultants have adequate time to consider answers and reply accordingly. Requests for clarifications should be sent to Sandra Abu Mohor, Procurement Officer at email@example.com
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL PROPOSALS for this consultancy service are to be submitted no later than Sunday , September 15th, 2022, by 15:00 PM to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org